Safe & Secure
The security of your personal information is paramount. Please take a moment and learn how we protect you and your vital information through every step of the order process. We ensure a safe and secure shopping experience.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do we need your personal information?
When you use services provided on this web site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details, and/or debit/credit card details. We will store this information and hold it on our secure computers. We will use this information in the following ways:
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your order, or contacting you if there is a problem with your order;
- To register you with our web site and administer our Web site services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time (see Choice/Opt-out below);
- To administer any promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by email;
- In order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- To meet our legal obligations;
- For crime prevention and detection;
- For direct marketing purposes; and
- To serve website content and advertisements to you.
- Data Capture
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to this site. This information may include which URL you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, your IP address, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information”).
This data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of the site, and do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
- The Use of Information
Information you provide or that is obtained by us will be used by us to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and provide you and other customers (via mail, email telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Opting In
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from us by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process.
You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, by e-mailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on 0203 0868778 between 7am and midnight.
- To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled to do so.
- To our employees so that they can fulfil their roles.
- We do not share our data with any 3rd parties unless otherwise stated. The personal details of our clients are valuable to us and are not supplied to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Notification of Changes
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and data protection policy. We will use information in accordance with the Privacy Statement under which the information was collected.
- Information Security
All credit card numbers are encrypted when the order is placed using 128-bit SSL encryption. You can see at which point the shopping cart encrypts your information by the little yellow padlock that appears in the lower right corner of your browser.
Your credit card numbers, personal information and order information are only decrypted after they reach our order processing computers. This information is not held in clear text on any website or server.
- Payment, Privacy & Data Protection Policy
- All transactional and payment data is held in an extremely secure environment which is regularly audited by banks and banking authorities.
- We nor any of our business partners will disclose customer information to third parties.
- We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential. We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
- We may also collect further data that helps us to understand your needs more. Please see ‘Data Capture’ section above
- Payment Service Provider
We use Sage Pay as our Payment Service Provider. Thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to Sage Pay. It is their top priority to ensure that transaction data is kept secure at all times.
- Transaction Security
All transaction information which is passed between us/our website and Sage Pay is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates.
- Encryption & Data Storage
Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards, used by, among others, the US government. The data held by Sage Pay is extremely secure and is regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that it remains so.
- What is SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer, SSL is the standard security technology for creating an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between our web server and your browser remains secure and private. SSL is an industry standard and essential for secure e-commerce, millions of websites use SSL to protect their online transactions and customers. In order to be able to generate an SSL link (signified by little yellow padlock in the information tool bar), a web server requires an SSL certificate. Newer browsers will display a different coloured address bar when entering a secure page. This provides you with extra piece of mind. We use the most sophisticated of VeriSign products which is industry best practice.
- What does SSL mean to you?
Put simply the SSL Certificate and the appearance of the padlock show;
- That you have a secure (encrypted) link with this website
- That this website is a valid and legitimate organisation
The SSL Certificate has become synonymous with online trust and integrity. By clicking on the Certificate or padlock you are able to identify our validity.
- Fraud Prevention
In certain circumstances extra security measures have been put into place to ensure that fraudulent payments are stopped. In particular cards issued from overseas banks and for customers that ask us to ship to a different name and/or address than is listed for that particular credit card account. If your order falls into one of these categories then your order is immediately placed into our Fraud Prevention Queue.
Once this happens we will place the processing of the payment ‘on hold’ and proceed to acquire further information to ensure that the payment is legitimate. At this stage we will undertake various checks that may involve you providing further information and involve direct contact with ourselves. Once your payment has been verified your order will be processed immediately.
- Safe & Secure Shopping
We are constantly updating our security, privacy and payment processes and policies to ensure that shopping with us is safe and secure. These measures have been put in place to eliminate any unauthorized use of your card. Please check back here regularly for any updates on these policies, from time to time you will be informed of any significant updates on these policies.
- Additional Measures
We also use additional tools such as CheckMend to ensure that fraudulent activity is not taking place.
- Security & Delivery
We are very aware of security and delivery so we use a recognised courier. All packages are fully insured and delivered to your door with security in mind. No packages are overtly branded or sent with the contents made clearly identifiable. This is something that we constantly monitor and maintain. If you are sending any package to ourselves we request that you do not display any information about the contents on the exterior of the package.
- Signature on Delivery
In all instances we will require a signature and proof of signature for a Jewellery package to be delivered. Failure to provide both will mean that the package will be held securely until evidence of proof of identity has been provided.